-Existing STF grantees may apply for additional funding of between $5,000 and $25,000.
-Funds can only be awarded to provide additional support for projects previously funded by the Student Technology Fund Committee.
-Funds will be dispersed in July 2022 and the spending deadline is June 30, 2023.
Part I: Tell the Story of your Previous Grant's Impact
- Submit your project close report form.
- Draft a 1-paragraph script using this template to explain the impact of your existing grant-funded project. Email the script to firstname.lastname@example.org. STF will invite some grantees to record the script with Berkeley Video. These videos will be featured on STF's website. We encourage grantees to share the video on their organization's communication channels with the hashtag #STFImpactStories.
Part II: Submit your New Application for Encore Funding
- Submit the brief responses required in the narrative application.
- Copy these budget and project approvals forms templates and complete them so that they can be uploaded at the end of the application.
- Can I get feedback on my draft application?
Yes, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Why can funds only be awarded to existing grantees?
During the referendum period for the Student Technology Fund, the majority-student Student Technology Fund Committee was the entity with the authority to award funds. Now that the STF referendum has expired, in order to maintain the spirit of student-led decision-making, we will award funds only to existing grantees. Using input from the Student Technology Council, we will select grantees for additional funding.
- Why do funds have to be spent by June 30, 2023?
The STF funds must be spent by June 30, 2023, since students who paid into the STF must benefit from the use of their fees while they remain currently enrolled.
- Rather than apply for funding again, can I choose not to return an elapsed grant balance I still hold?
Without an approved project modification application, grants that have passed their spending deadline must return unspent funds. However, grantees can apply for funding again through this process.
- Why does STF have funds to disperse, since it was not assessed to students in the 2021-2022 school year?
This opportunity is made possible due to the annual process in which some grant funds are partly returned to STF. This happens if a grantee’s project ends prematurely, is reduced in scope, there are changes to the project budget, or the timeline for spending the grant expires. These terms are described in STF’s standard grant award notification